March Reading


This month my reading is a much more varied mix! Here are a few selections I have in digital format for March. Books which also tie in with things I'm focusing on during Lent.

40 Days of Decrease by Alicia Britt Chole. This encourages fasting from the things that clutter our hearts. Regret, escapism, perfectionism, discontent... and soooo many other hindrances that keep us from getting closer to Jesus, and to others. This book challenges the low-level fasting for Lent from Facebook, chocolate and other small weak habits and motivates us to dive right into what's really simmering in the heart. And maybe we even begin the hard work of eliminating those negativities that drag us down. Great support for Lent, or any time of the year or life, really! I'm reading this book now during Lent while examining things potentially toxic to my heart, mind, body and spirit.

The Lifegiving Home: Creating a Place of Belonging and Becoming by Sally and Sarah Clarkson. The heart of the home is explored by a mother and daughter team, who share warmly of how to cultivate a home environment around the happiness of home-keeping, cherishing family & friends, God-centered traditions and following the months of the year to nourish all who dwell together under one roof, and much more. A beautiful book! I'm reading this book  during Lent as I am throwing BIG doses of love into my home--caring for my life and home in special ways during the Lenten season!

Creative Revolution: Personal Transformation through Brave Intuitive Painting by Flora Bowley. A few years ago I took Bowley's Bloom True creative e-course. A 40th birthday gift to myself, the course gave me the courage and support I needed to get back into painting. It was HUGE for me! I admire Bowley's whole mind, body and spirit approach to creativity. Her latest course offering Creative Revolution is, quite frankly, too expensive for me to participate in at this time, so I'm VERY glad there is a book that ties in with what is offered in the course! I'm exploring this book now during Lent as creativity is part of my Lenten journey this year. I may write/share more about this later... We'll see how it goes!

Everyday Super Food by Jamie Oliver. I love Jamie Oliver's style of cooking and his enthusiasm for making good food for family & friends. Over the years I have enjoyed all of his cookbooks. This book centers around health, nutrition and making smarter food and lifestyle choices. I want to make every recipe in this book! The gorgeous photos alone make you want to run to the kitchen to cook and eat! What I also like about this book is that there is not as high a focus on meat. A lot of the recipes are ideal for Lent or can be adapted for Lenten menus. This book is inspiring me with healthy food ideas for meat-free and fasting days! :)


What about you? What book(s) is/are on your nightstand, or coffee table, in your bag, or on your tablet/device... or even on your wish list?! Any recommendations?!


Comments

  1. lovely! I am reading Laurus right now and hopefully more! nice to read your latest post here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For fiction I am reading The Tea Planter's Daughter, for inspiration Together is Better, and maybe inspiration too for this year a chapter each month is Vivian Swift's book When Wanderers Cease to Roam. Vivian's book encourages me to be creative one month at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful reading selections, Marilyn... I like that idea of one month at a time reading!

      Delete
    2. That book is set up by month, so it makes it easy.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful selection of books -- diverse and they all look either interesting or fun. (Especially that Flora Bowley!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading PAPA Prayer with friends during Lent. Also on my currently reading list is Goodbye Lupus, Herbs That Heal, and just for fun, Paddington Abroad. On my wish list are Derek Cooper's Introduction to World Christian History and The Road We Traveled by Jane Kirkpatrick. If anything, I'm ambitious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the book recommendations! I enjoy Jamie's enthusiasm for making healthy dishes. And I'll look into the creative revolution book too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh your books all look good. I have the Jamie one (No surprise there!). I am deeply interested in the Lifegiving Home one so am off to look it up! Thanks for all that you share so beautifully with us. Love you so very much my dear friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely collection of reading. Love The Lifegiving Home book. Will have to take a closer look at that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment