This Week... a lot of yarn-ing around...


This week... Well, this was the week that kind of wasn't in some ways. One of those that you wouldn't mind rewinding and having another go at...

TJ became unwell last weekend with a cold that struck fast and fierce. On top of allergies he's been experiencing, and along with the cold, he was doing pretty poorly. I was playing nurse for most of the week. There was a LOT of tea brewed. Much making, reheating and eating of chicken soup. There was some simple bread baking. Easy, comforting, nourishing meals.



I wasn't feeling too great myself this week, although for different reasons. My monthly period had me at it's mercy, and I was feeling pretty low. The really not good kind of low... So we were quite the pair here this week!


Yarn-ing around... There was a LOT of lovely quiet time the last few days. And when it's quiet, a LOT of yarn-ing happens! My Ocean Ripple Blanket received a lot of hooky attention... (Yes, two baskets going for my current projects... ;)


I finished my Good Morning Lace Cowl! I just love wearing it! This knit cowl project felt signifcant for three big reasons. 1. Learning better knitting in the round techniques. 2. Better grasp of lace pattern knitting. 3. First wet blocked project--and what great shaping wet blocking gives to wool! All in all, a wonderful learning project. It's given me confidence returning to knitting, and working on more challenging knitting!


More yarn-ing around... learning the anatomy of a crescent-shaped shawl. I want to knit or crochet a crescent moon-shaped shawl. Sooo many great patterns out there. I found a crocheted one I like, but I want to jazz it up a bit, so I'm trying to see if I can learn how to chart something I have in mind... and get it right!


Luna... has been such a good girl while we've been in a slump this week... She's been content to play adventures with her "imaginary friend", and scampering around after her toys. She likes to play hide and seek under the dining room table cloth. This girl of ours is just tooo CUTE!
Today TJ & I celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary! (Seventeen... 17!!) Now that TJ is turning the corner with the cold/allergies, we're hoping we can take time during the weekend now to mark the occasion!

Oh, and do stop by here on Monday, if you can...  I have something fun to share!!! :)))
How was your week? Wishing you all a LOVE-ly weekend ahead!








Comments

  1. Even though the two of you had a tough week healthy-wise, it does sound like you had a nice one after all. And Luna always seems to bring a smile on your face (: She really has the best home and knows exactly how to make you happy.
    Congratulations with your 17th anniversary. Such a milestone. I hope you get to celebrate it this weekend.
    Happy Friday! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Simone... Yes, though it was a rough week in a way, on the other side of it, it was a sweet one too with both of us home much and lot of cozy, quiet time. After having had a very difficult year last year, we're really extra happy to be celebrating our anniversary this year and the many years together. Love grows stronger when you keep it blooming! :)

      Delete
  2. I hope youre both feeling much better this weekend, and able to celebrate the anniversary, wow, 17 years, what a milestone! what plans do you have to go out for it if you are able to? Pics of Luna are a bit treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before this week we had bigger plans for celebrating, and hoping we can do a bit more later, especially once TJ's more on the mend... But we will likely at least have a meal out during the weekend, maybe go to the cinema... :)

      Delete
  3. you have beautiful hands. that struck me first when I saw the picture here. I have thought it often before and never mentioned it.
    not to mention... they're very talented. lol!
    congratulations darling girl of the north on your anniversary. hug the Viking for me. I hope you both are feeling back to tip top for the celebration dinner and weekend.
    I think luna is just a young kitten! and I love pictures of her enjoying being HOME! xo♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaawww... you are so sweet, Tammy... thank you, and for all the good wishes too! You know, I've never considered my hand, or feet, beautiful. I think I will try to appreciate them more... Luna is actually around 2 years old, but she behaves very much like a kitten still. We love it, and love her so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 17 years! wonderful!! It is hard to be feeling so unwell, but it sounds like you will both turn the corner soon and are! the cowl is so pretty, you did a really good job!!! Bread, tea and chicken soup - sounds just right. HUGS. It will get better again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks for the cheer and good wishes, Elizabeth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. I'm so sorry you both have been unwell. But you have a knack for bringing as much comfort as you can with cozy things. And occupying your mind in the midst of it! Your new projects look intricate and beautiful, Tracy. Many congratulations to you and TJ for weathering the highs and lows of marriage together for all these years. May God richly bless the next 17 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all the good wishes, Anne! :)

      Delete
  8. I hope by now both of you are back on your feet and that you were able to celebrate your anniversary not only in joy but in good health! The bread looks healing and delicious and your yarning! Wow -- I love your color palette and I especially love the cowl -- so perfect in the cold days of winter.

    I just heard on the news this morning that Norway is the number one country for happiness in the world this year. (US slipped to 14 from 13.) So, happy spring, happy Norway and Happy Anniversary. (And happy Luna with her imaginary friend! I always say Lizzie is chasing the phantom Gypsy!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope by now you and TJ are feeling back to normal. I know the bug I got a couple weeks ago just hangs on with the residue. Love your cowl and seeing Luna. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment